Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Jason Rhoades Art Exhibition


♫ De La Soul (Feat. Little Dragon)- Drawn ♫ 


Hey Guys!

Here are the set of pictures from this past Sunday's art exhibit in LA's Hauser & Wirth gallery. All I can say is WoW! I was speechless when I finally got to experience Jason Rhoades' art installation from 1994-2006. This was my first time checking out his work and all I can say is that I'm definitely a fan now. 

The first exhibit upon walking in the gallery was called "Tijuanatanjierchandelier" (2006), the room was decked out in strings attached to bright neon words, lanterns, chandeliers, mattresses laid out, blankets, and other random paraphernalia on the floor and hanging from the ceiling; it was just chaos turned into art and I of course loved it! The installation included 176 neon sign words both in Spanish and English, geez I can't imagine how long this must've taken to install... but I love how it all came together, it was so dreamy and fun! 
All the cultural random objects represented the homogeneity of modernization inspired by Tijuana, Mexico and Tangier, Morocco.  

There is definitely a sense of rebellion, humor, and somewhat raunchy-ness in his work but hey that's what makes it enjoyable to watch!


















The next exhibit room was called:

"My Madinah. In pursuit of my ermitage..." (2004):

I loved this other installation, it was inspired by his travels in the Middle East. The room was also filled with neon signs and the floor was covered in a carpet of towels, which represented a place of religious seclusion based on the term: "My Madinah" which is part mosque and part temple. 

His work was just amazing and out of this world! Loved it. 








If you guys want to check out his work check it out at Hauser & Wirth, it's a MUST-see!


x

StephC

SHARE:

4 comments

Yuka said...

I almost went last weekend! Love these photos, this is such a cool installation!


www.prettyinleather.net

Anonymous said...

Interesting lights art.

Inez | My Small World

Unknown said...

What a neat little display of art.

❤ http://theblushingpink.com/

Amber said...

top!!! <3

© StephC. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig