Saturday, September 15, 2018

Canada Trip: Quebec City, Ile d'Orleans, and Montmorency Falls



♫ Minou- Soleil Ambre ♫ 


Hey guys!

Finally here are the first pictures from my Canada trip :)

Our first stop was Quebec City, this city was definitely smaller than Montreal but it had so much charm. It reminded me of a mix between New Orleans and bits of Paris.  

Although I already knew Quebec is mainly a French-speaking region I was still surprised when I met some people, even younger ones, who didn't speak English at all. However, everyone was still very friendly and helpful, I loved the atmosphere and the vibes especially Old Quebec, with its cute cobblestone-filled streets... it definitely felt like I was in Europe. I definitely got to practice my French  there too which I have to say went pretty well  ;)

Our cute Airbnb right in the middle of the city :)





Loved this cute bookstore!






Oui.





Homemade breakfast every morning.

Our AirBnb balcony, loved it!


On our second day we drove out to Ile d'Orleans, which is about a 30-45 min drive from Quebec City. I didn't really know what to expect from this quaint little island but it was so cute and one of the highlights of our trip! It literally takes about an hour to drive around it but it took us around 3 hours since we made so many stops lol. 

There are a bunch of cute mom and pop stores everywhere, we stopped by a local artisan boutique, a chocolaterie, a fromagerie (cheese shop), a farm market, a museum, a winery, and a view point to see the island from the top. I loved how we were surrounded by so much nature and lush greenery plus the locals were super friendly too! 



















After Ile d'Orleans we drove over to Montmorency Falls which was about a 15-20 min drive, the waterfalls are a MUST see! They were so beautiful, we took a gondola from the top and saw them from above and the bottom too!

Another highlight of the trip, I loved all the nature!





Lavender tea on the balcony after a long day....miss these moments!




Happy weekend!

Stay tuned for more pictures to come :)

x

StephC



SHARE:

No comments

© StephC. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig