Saturday, March 19, 2016

Pow Wow Festival
















Last weekend was my first time attending Pow Wow Festival in Long Beach, I believe it is one of the largest festivals of its kind in Southern California. Pow Wow Festival celebrates American Indian culture including: arts, crafts, music, inter-tribal dancing, food and vendors selling traditional and contemporary art. The food seemed pretty interesting and yummy too, the native food sold was mutton, beef stew, Navajo tacos, fry bread, and Indian burgers.  I find Native American culture so interesting, I love how many people gathered to celebrate their Native American heritage along with other native tribes. My favorite was the performers' native wear there were so many beautiful intricate detailed garments with bright colors, ethnic prints,  tassels, fringe, embroidery, and feathers. There was so much inspiration for sure, loved it! I hope to check it out next year again :)


Happy weekend lovelies!

x
StephC







SHARE:

No comments

© StephC. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig