Thursday, November 23, 2017

Arizona State of Mind: Antelope Canyon & Lake Powell


♫ The War On Drugs- Thinkin Of A Place ♫ 


It was such a great feeling finally being able to cross off Antelope Canyon off my bucket list. This place was on my bucket list for a while now and it was one of the highlights of my Arizona birthday trip just because it definitely exceeded my expectations. We went on a Navajo hour-long tour and I loved how down-to-earth our tour guide was, he gave us some insight and a bit of history about the slot canyon and how it is part of the Navajo Nation Land. It's always fascinating to learn about different Native American tribes and their lands throughout the nation, especially the South West. Although Antelope Canyon was a bit more crowded than the other attractions we visited, I still managed to capture this beautiful natural wonder. Its natural formation is due to erosion, flash floods, and other natural processes but heavy rain is one of the main causes of the waves and rock formations of this canyon creating narrow passageways with the most interesting shapes. There is a certain time of the day too (10am ish) when the sun rays beam through the crevices of the canyon in the most stunning way exposing the most beautiful earthy colors and textures along the sand stone walls. Such a truly amazing experience guys! It was unlike anything I've ever seen before, If you ever get a chance to visit Antelope Canyon please do so, I promise you it's worth it!






















Lake Powell with my sister

Amazing view of Lake Powell. This lake is actually a reservoir on the Colorado River which straddles the border of Utah and Arizona.

(Wearing: Vintage Levi's jacket and jeans, UO sunnies, Isabel Marant boots)



More pictures coming your way!


BTW I hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving with your loved ones!

Thanks for following along my random adventures on my IG and my blog, it means a lot and I truly appreciate it! Love you guys!

x

StephC

SHARE:

2 comments

The Bandwagon Chic said...

This place looks amazing.
It looks like a great adventure,.

Much Love,
Zarrah | The Bandwagon Chic

Unknown said...

Incredible pics!!


http://rednailsladies.com/lexington-avenue/

© StephC. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig